Opening hours summer 2023
May 30 - June 18 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed on Mondays
June 19 - August 13 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
August 14 - August 27 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed on Mondays
September 2 - September 3/ September 9 - September 10 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday only
Entrance fee 2023
Adult NOK 140,- | Children age 6-15 NOK 70,- | Children under 6 enter for free | Seniors/ students NOK 110,-
Two parental family NOK 350,-
One parental family NOK 210,-
Groups of 10 or more people NOK 110,- per person (all must pay together)
NB! June 10 and 11 you pay the fees of Hamar Medieval Festival.
If you arrive by car, you may park your car in our spacious parkinglot just in front of the main entrance.
24 hours parking fee NOK 40,-
Tour operators and groups who want a guided tour out of season are asked to place their request to email@example.com or +47 62 54 27 00 to get their offer.
How to get here
- NSB regional train R10 stops at Hamar railway station
- From the railway station you may take a taxi to Domkirkeodden. Address: Strandvegen 100, 2315 Hamar
- From the railway station you may also take a half an hour walk by foot along the beautiful lakeside of Lake Mjøsa
- Take the motorway E6 till you reach Åkersvika and follow the road signs showing you the way to the museums.
- Address: Strangvegen 100, 2315 Hamar
We have a great parking area right outside our main entrance. The parking fee is NOK 20,- per hour or NOK 40,- for an entire day.
The parking fees help financing our beautiful museum park.
From the railway station you may take bus B21 in the westwards direction. Go off at Strandvegen/ Vognvegen and follow the road Vognvegen 350 metres to the museum.
Click here for bus tables.
To those who come by large coach:
- Exit E6 via regional road 25 in the direction of Hamar.
- Follow road 25 till you get to the roundabaout by Cirkle K gas station.
- Take first exit from the roundabout and follow the street Ringgata till you come to another roundabout and see a lamp store in front of you.
- Take the second exit from the roundabout and follow the road Kornsilovegen till you have passed the grain silo on your left.
- Take left down Nystuvegen, here you may pass under the railway as the bridge is 4.30 meters.
- Take the first to tjhe left after crossing under the railway and follow the road Birkebeinervegen till you reach a Y-crossing.
- Keep to the right down the road Strandvegen and you will soon get the museum entrance on your right and a bus parking on your left.